Here are just some basic tips to prevent that your WordPress website get hacked.
- Delete your readme.html file.
- Delete your install.php file
- Install the ultimate security checker, http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/ultimate-security-checker/
- Then install: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-htaccess-control/ to limit access to your files/folders.
- Read all this: http://codex.wordpress.org/Hardening_WordPress
- Be aware of file/folder permissions on your website. 777 is full access. Do NOT use that.
This are just some tips. And as you can see by the latest hacks of website, the FGallery plugin is also a risk.
By preventing access to part of your website, you can prevent being hacked.
More tips, comments, then please make them ….